This CPR AED First Aid course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.The course is typically attended by Construction, Manufacturing, Security, Education, Child Care, Hospitality, Property Management, Fitness, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, Lifeguard, Corrections, Law Enforcement, Parents, Lay-rescuers and more.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a First Aid CPR AED course completion e-card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult (Compressions and Breathing)
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Scene Assessment and Safety
- Medical Emergencies (asthma, allergic reactions, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, seizures)
- Injury Emergencies (bleeding, shock, wounds, spinal inquiries, broken bones and sprains)
- Environmental Emergenies (bites, stings, temperature related injuries, poison emergencies)
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
This CPR AED First Aid course is intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. This course can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
This CPR AED First Aid course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association, American Safety and Health Institute and the American Red Cross updates.